Want to know more about sex in Kuala Lumpur?
The capital and largest city in Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, known as KL by locals, has a population of 1.6 million people. KL is a vibrant and modern city blending its Islamic culture with Western architecture. The city skyline is dominated by steel and glass skyscrapers but is surrounded by colonial buildings, green open spaces and lakes and the geometric motifs of Muslim architecture. It has been named one of the safest cities in Asia and has world-class healthcare, education and an affordable cost of living. Entertaining almost 12 million tourists each year and home to around 250,000 expats the city has a diverse array of entertainment venues including those aimed at a more adult market.
In this guide, we take a look at sex in the city of Kuala Lumpur and give you a rundown on the best places to go to find escorts, street prostitutes and a full service.
- 1 Prostitution in Kuala Lumpur
- 2 Kuala Lumpur Escorts Guide
- 3 Sex in Kuala Lumpur
- 3.1 Brothels
- 3.2 Karaoke Bars/KTVs
- 3.3 Love Hotels
- 3.4 Hostess Bars
- 3.5 Swinging Clubs
- 3.6 Erotic Massage Parlours
- 3.7 Strip Clubs
- 3.8 Street Prostitutes & Red-Light Districts
- 3.9 Sex Shops
Prostitution in Kuala Lumpur
Strictly speaking, prostitution is illegal in Kuala Lumpur as well as associated activities such as a running brothels and soliciting. However, private prostitution is largely tolerated as long as it does not cause a public nuisance, involve any other illegal activities (such as pimping, trafficking or drugs).
Malaysia has a big sex industry and one that reportedly generates almost $1 billion in revenue each year with more than 150,000 prostitutes working in the country. It is estimated that as many as 20,000 prostitutes work in and around Kuala Lumpur with prices varying depending on where and who you pick up.
Though illegal, you can find brothels in the city but most commonly sex is for sale in one of four ways:
- Erotic Massage Parlours
- Hostess Girls (KTVs and bars)
- Street Prostitutes
A small percentage of prostitutes are Malaysian but there are lots of Asian nationalities represented in the sex industry of Kuala Lumper including Chinese, Thai, Cambodian, Indonesian and Filipino. There are also independent escorts working in the city that hail from Europe and both North and South America.
A Muslim country, the law forbids women who to stay inside a room with a man who is not her husband and most Malay girls take this law very seriously.
The average cost of an escort in Kuala Lumpur is between $100 and $150 with a happy ending massage costing $50 to $100. Street prostitutes can charge a lot less but factoring in a stay at a love hotel is comparable to an escort service.
Kuala Lumpur Escorts Guide
There are a lot of directories offering the details of independent escorts working in Kuala Lumpur with some specialising in certain types of girls and others designed to offer more of a premium service.
We’ve handpicked our favourite sites that cover a range of specialities, budgets and ways to book. Some of these escorts provide in-call, as well as out call, services.
General Escorts in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur has a large range of directories and agencies providing services across the city. The average rates start at around $100 to $150 per hour with more elite services being over $300. Standard service includes massage and covered penetration with GFE being popular. Extras such as BDSM, A-level or roleplay cost more.
- Kuala Lumpur Escorts
- Top Escort Babes
- My Escort Malaysia
- Euro Girls Escorts
- KL Local Escort
- Kuala Lumpur Hotel Escort
- City of Love
- 6 Star Escort
- Uber Girls
VIP Escorts in Kuala Lumpur
For something a little more elite then you might want to consider a premium service. These escorts are more pricey than the general escorts so you will be spending at least $300 per hour. Some agencies charge for a minimum duration and you could be looking at upwards of $1000:
Specialty Escorts in Kuala Lumpur
If you are looking for something a little different then you might want to have a look at some of the niche services offered by these escorts:
- One Dragon – specialty massage service
- Cracker (BDSM) – Domination service
- Ladys – BDSM
- TS Dating – Ladyboys/Shemales/TS
- Trans Escorts – Ladyboys/Shemales/TS
Sex in Kuala Lumpur
According to some observers and reports, Kuala Lumpur is fast becoming one of Asia’s most prominent sex capitals. Though the country is largely Muslim, the city is not characterised by a conservative attitude. Driven by economic growth, prostitution and the sex industry are bringing in plenty of money to Malaysia’s capital and sex tourism to Kuala Lumpur is exceeding traditional hotspots like Thailand and the Philippines.
Brothels are illegal in Kuala Lumpur but you can find illegal brothels throughout the red light districts (see below) as well as erotic massage parlours that offer much the same experience.
KTVs are a popular way to spend an evening in lots of Asian cities including Kuala Lumpur. Most are family friendly venues which are simply large karaoke bars with private suites and rooms available for groups and parties. However, ‘girls’ KTVs or ‘special’ KTVs offer more than just a chance to sing.
Guests can pay for the company of women to join their group in much the same way as hostess bars. The extent of the services offered can vary depending on the girl but you can usually expect touching and kissing. Girls are known to strip, perform oral and give hand jobs on the premises but for full service and more you will need to organise an afterparty. Not all girls provide outcall personal services so it is as well to ask on arrival to be matched with a hostess who will.
Women working as guest relations officers (GROs) can be persuaded to accompany their guests after a session but be prepared to spend a lot of time and money on the chase beforehand. Girls working in the KTVs of Kuala Lumpur are not as easy as in some Asian cities and you seriously need to flash the cash (particularly in Klang Valley) before securing a pick up.
The most popular venues in the city are:
- Club De Vegas, Sapphireplex Sdn. Bhd., 3, Jalan Imbi, 55100 Kuala Lumpur
- Bintang Palace, 179, Jalan Walter Grenier (Off Jln Imbi), 55100 Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur
Love hotels are a popular feature of the Asian sex markets and are small hotels that rent rooms for ‘short time’ love. Sometimes by the hour or afternoon/evening, these cheap guesthouses and hotels come in a variety of styles with budgets to suit. They are frequently used by prostitutes who usually have a preferred establishment. Some love hotels can also arrange a hooker for you.
If you pick up in the red-light district then your hostess will take you to a love hotel where you wil have to pay for the room on top of her rates.
Hostess bars are common in Malaysia and other Asian countries. Customers can pay for the companionship service of a woman of their choice. Ladies spend the evening with guests, generally flirting, touching and sometimes kissing. Some hostess girls are available after the evening for an outcall service but this is not guaranteed.
Certainly the Japanese bars in Klang Valley do not guarantee any kind of extras outside of the bars. These are generally more upmarket venues and you have to work hard and flash the cash to get a ‘takeaway’ service.
Most of the popular bars attract freelance prostitutes who will try to secure clients at the bar. Often students looking to earn some extra cash or part-time prostitutes, prices vary depending on the girl, the bar and the kind of night she’s had. Expect to pay anything from $10 to $100 for full service but don’t forget to add on the cost of a love hotel if you can’t take her back to yours.
Some popular bars and clubs that are good for pick ups or hostess include:
- Elysium Bar and Terrace, Wisma Goldhill. No. 67 Jalan Raja Chulan. Level 31, Kuala Lumpur
- Thai Club, Jalan P Ramlee, Wilayah Persekutuan, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
- Beach Club, 924, Jalan P Ramlee, Kuala Lumpur
- Zeta @ The Hilton Hotel, 3, Jalan Stesen Sentral, Kuala Lumpur
- Paras Bar, 38a Jalan Berengan, Changkat Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur
- Club OSS, J-OG-05-06-07, Solaris Mon’t Kiara, Soho KL, No 2, Jalan Solaris, Kuala Lumpur
- Funky Vila, 1st Floor 1-09, The Scott Garden , Jln Kelang Lama.Kuala Lumpur,
- Kingsway Club, Lot 3.01, Tingkat 2, Wisma Central, Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur
- W Club, K-G-08 Solaris Mont Kiara, Jalan Solaris 2, Kuala Lumpur
According to some reports, Kuala Lumpur has one of the biggest swinging scenes in this part of Asia. However, most parties and meetings are organised privately using websites like Adult Friend Finder or Locanto.
Erotic Massage Parlours
There are more erotic massage parlours in Kuala Lumpur than in London, Sydney and Melbourne combined. Though most of these are found in the red-light districts (see below), there aren’t many places in the city that you can’t find them.
Pudu Road has quite a lot but a lot of the 3 star hotels also provide happy endings in their own spa massage centres. Look for signs that state ‘New Girl Massage’, ‘Happy Budget Massage’ or ‘Massage Girls’.
Rates are very good for manual relief and you can spend less than $30 for an hours massage with a happy ending. Some parlours also offer oral or a foot job.
This is our selection of those that have a good reputation for servicing foreigners and provide a good erotic massage with happy ending:
Genesis Spa, Level 10,
33 Jalan Sultan Ismail, Bukit Bintang, 43200
Genesis is located inside the HSBC building on the 10th floor about a 15-minute walk from the Petrona Twin Towers. They supply a range of services but a basic erotic massage is charged at around $60.
There is a choice of Asian girls including Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese and Indonesian.
The Genesis Spa is open daily from 10.00am to 5.00am.
Summer Thai Traditional Massage
M floor, 60-68 Lorong 1/77A, Off Jalan Changkat Thambi Dollah, 55100
Situated inside the Hotel Mercury, happy ending massage starts at around $15 with extras chargeable on top. The facilities here are modern and clean with the girls having a good reputation for willing and professional service. You can also get a body-to-body massage from around $20.
There are spa facilities to enjoy including sauna, bath and cinema room.
The Summer Thai is open from 11.00am to 4.00, seven days a week.
A1 Executive Health Spa
45 Tengkat Tong Shin, Bukit Bintang
Situated inside the Alpha Genesis Hotel, the A1 Executve Health Spa has a good reputation for providing excellent manual relief as well as extras.
Best of the Rest
- WOLO Bukit Bintang Hotel, Corner of Jalan Bukit Bintang and Jalan Sultan Ismail Kuala Lumpur
- Casa Nova Spa, 16, Jalan Alor, Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur
- Saboon Health Spa, Level 3, Seasons Tower Jalan 1/77b 55100
- Regal Spa at Cabana Inn Hotel, 1, Jalan Perak 50450, Wilayah Persekutuan
- Happy Massage, Sungei Wang Plaza, S037, Jalan Sultan Ismail, Wilayah Persekutuan
- Hotel Sempurna, 173 & 175 Jalan Imbi Kuala Lumpur, 55100
- Hotel Pudu Plaza, No 1, Jalan 1/77 C, Off Jalan Pudu Kuala Lumpur, 55100
- Hotel Armada Petaling Jaya, Lot 6, Lorong Utara C, Section 52 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, 46200
- Federal Hotel, 35 Jalan Bukit Bintang
Strip clubs are illegal in Malaysia and there are no official venues where you can catch a topless or fully nude show. However, there are some underground clubs that operate out of small venues. These can be closed down quite quickly but locals may know of the whereabouts of one such place. Often they are closed to foreigners and do not offer the best experience. Asking a taxi driver is a good bet, particularly if you are heading in to the red-light areas.
If you want to arrange a strip tease then there are escorts who can provide these services at your hotel. Some girls at KTV clubs are also wiling to strip for a good tip.
Street Prostitutes & Red-Light Districts
Kuala Lumpur has several red-light districts that offer a range of adult entertainment services from erotic massage to hostess bars and KTVs. Though soliciting from the street is illegal, you can also find street prostitutes in these districts. Each area has its own distinct character and there are plenty of clubs, bars and restaurants to make them an ideal way to spend an evening out, alone or with friends.
The main red light districts in Kuala Lumpur are:
- Bukit Bintang: Probably the most well-known Malaysian red light district, this touristy part of Kuala Lumpur has a lot of high-end retail nestling beside massage parlours and brothels. There is also a good scene of street prostitutes. Mostly Chinese, Thai and Cambodian, there are some girls from Laos, Vietnam and Myanmar. Some of the clubs and bars have African women working inside. You can also find some ‘tiger’ sex shows operating in discreet venues.
- Chow Kit: Known for its transsexual prostitutes, the little alleys behind the shops are the spot to go. The place doesn’t really get active until after midnight.
- Lorong Haji Taib: A place frequented by the locals, this is a good place to pick up Malaysian prostitutes and has a lot of love hotels and guest houses that charge for short term stays. Many of these establishments can arrange a hooker for you so you don’t even need to pick up beforehand. It is a more downmarket version of Bukit Bintang and prices are lower. Other nationalities of prostitute in this area include Indian and Chinese.
Other areas where the prostitution trade thrives (particularly street walkers) included Brickfields, Jalan Alor, Jalan Hicks, Jalan Thamibipilly, Jalan Petaling and Jalan Imbi.
There is also a good deal of street sex happening in KL predominantly with young Malay men trying to earn extra money Taman Tasik Park in Titiwangsa and the Central Market late at night are both hotspots.
Adult toy stores in Malaysia are far less visible than in other parts of Asia and there are not a huge number of places where you can buy sex accessories. There is a degree of ‘seediness’ with sex shops that, despite the huge sex market, has not meant there is a huge demand for such stores. Many people choose to buy personal items of this nature online. However there are a couple of places in Kuala Lumpur where you can buy sex toys and novelty goods including a few transient shops and street vendors in Bukit Bintang.
I Need House
Pudu Plaza, U-D2 Ground Floor, Jalan Landak Off Jalan Pudu,55100 Kuala Lumpur
Mid Valley Mega Mall, T-058 (3rd Floor), Lingkaran Syed Putra, Kuala Lumpur 59200
Marketed as a ‘funny love shop’ and promoting sexual health more than sexual aids, I Need House is Malaysia’s first sex store. They sell a range of novelty items and safe sex aids such as lubricants, condoms, natural health medicines but you can also select from a standard range of bedroom basics.
You can also find lingerie and some dressing up clothes.
They opened their first store in 2000 and now have two bricks and mortar shops in the capital as well as an online retail site.
Both stores are open from 10.00am to 10.00pm.
Best of the Rest
- Naughty Zone, Lot 04-38, Berjaya Times Square, 1 Jalan Imbi, 55100 Kuala Lumpur
- Sexy Diamond (Lingerie), Kenanga Wholesale City, 5-20, No. 2, Jalan Gelugor, Kuala Lumpur, 55200
- Naughty Shop, Ground Floor, Sungei Wang Plaza, Jalan Sultan Ismail, Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur
Featured image via Pixabay.
Interested in More of Asia's Hidden X-Rated Secrets?
We have published 14 country profiles, 18 local city guides, and hundreds of hours of research for your reading leisure. It's all 100% free. Get started with our quick links below...